www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Waiting Game

. . . Or should I call it the "weight-ing" game instead?!? Sorry, bad joke. I just find it hard to imagine my belly getting any bigger! I know, I'm exagerrating a bit. The doctor says that I'm measuring as "average" size, but nothing about this feels average to me. Literally, I feel as if I am stretched out to maximum capacity and at any moment the baby may come bursting out of my belly button. An image reminiscent of that horrific scene out of the movie "Alien" keeps playing through my mind, so let's sincerely hope that's not the case!

As you can imagine, time seems to be moving at a snail's pace for us. We are really trying to not count the minutes until this baby will decide to arrive and rather are just trying to live our lives as normally as possible. Easier said than done, but last night was a nice break from the monotony when Brad decided to take me out on a date to a very nice local restaurant. Minus the Braxton Hicks experienced during the first half of dinner, we had a very enjoyable evening. We got a good laugh out of that because we thought maybe the baby wasn't going to let us have our last hurrah. However, he or she decided to "quiet down" and let us enjoy what felt like our last supper. Below is a picture from the evening that will give you a glimpse at our new family vehicle (the Ford Edge) as well as what I look like at almost 40 full weeks of pregnancy. Enjoy!

7 comments:

CNaylor said...

So adorable and the car is cute too. Enjoy your last moments of pre-parental freedom. ~hines

Danell said...

So fun to catch up by readingyour blog. YOu are such a cute pregnant lady.
:) I hope all goes well, can't wait to see pictures of him/her... I'm guessing it's a boy.

Stacey W said...

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and wishing you a quick and easy labor!! We can't wait to hear the news when he or she arrives! xoxo Stacey and Matt

Kelly & Michael said...

Michael and I jump every time the phone rings. Michael is guessing a girl born on Wednesday. I am guessing a boy on Thursday. Either way we can't wait. I have been praying for your pregnancy and delivery everyday for the past 2 months. Good Luck! We love you, Kelly and Michael

KJMurphy said...

oooh ooh !! i love the car and the hot pregnant lady with it. you look great and you both..i mean all 3 of you ..are in our prayers!!

Nicky said...

Congratulations - I just heard the news... What wonderful moments you're experiencing right now. ~Nicky

CNaylor said...

Just heard about your news!!! CONGRATS!!!!! I am so excited for you and BRAD!!! Take care and I am expecting to see some new pics on the blog! Love you ALL!