www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Waiting No More

The time finally came like it has for so many first time parents to leave excitedly for the hospital as Karen and I did Monday night. But before I go any further, I have to brief with this description, I'm expected back at the hospital shortly. I'll claim the role of a stereotypical male in my birth description, so that Karen can fill in all wonderful details Friday when she arrives home.
Our son, Joseph Bradley Hunter was born at 11:08 Tuesday morning October 16 in Grand Rapids, Michigan to Karen and Brad Hunter. He weighed in at 9 pounds and 2 ounces. As many who saw Karen in person can attest, she carried every ounce of the baby very well--he was much bigger than anyone thought he would be. His cry is a not-so menacing, pseudo-angry kind of whimper, really. We only once have heard him really belt it out. The lactation consultants have been great. And so far Joe has eaten well from mom, as they both figure out the complex process of feeding for the first time. What else...what else....oh he has a little dark hair mostly in the back. He has more of my features like hands and feet, while his face is strikingly, almost scarily Karen's resemblance. Which as all of you know, is a good thing! Gotta run for now, go to Flickr to see the rest of the pics. We're just a wee bit proud right now. Thanks for visiting. Cheers!

4 comments:

Nicky said...

Oh, you guys - I'm just so happy for you right now! What proud, special moments. I bet he's even better than you imagined, huh? =) Karen, I know exactly what you're feeling right now... I can't wait to read/hear the entire birth story. Congratulations again - he's absolutely beautiful!

Danell said...

Wowwy - what a big boy!!! Congrats you guys - I'm so happy for you.

Jen said...

Congratulations Brad and Karen! He is adorable! :-)

Christy said...

He is absolutely adorable. We can't wait to see all 3 of you!!!!